Higgs-EC offers a new approach to RFID. Higgs-EC leverages from the successful and proven Higgs family from Alien Technology® and now adds the industry’s most robust memory architecture. As RFID tag volumes grow, even the small percentage of bit errors inherent to semiconductors becomes problematic. Higgs-EC provides a leapfrog in RFID technology by providing self-correcting memory.
Memory in Higgs-EC is protected by the “Sentinel” architecture that guards memory by both detecting single bit corruption regardless of cause and then fixing the error.
As far as the tag user is concerned, the error never happened. Additionally Sentinel detects two bits in error and notifies the reader if this ever happens.
Higgs-EC also provides class-leading read and write sensitivity enabling smaller tags to be designed or tags to be used across longer distances from the RFID reader antenna. Both read and write sensitivities are enhanced benefiting both types of applications.
Higgs-EC is fully backward compatible with Alien’s other Higgs ICs. For example, Alien’s mass-encoding capabilities (QuickWrite™ and BlastWrite™) and Aliens anticloning technology (Dynamic Authentication™) are supported.
Datasheet : Higgs-EC.pdf
- Designed to meet EPCglobal Gen2 (V1.2.0) and ISO/IEC 18000-6C
- Worldwide operation in the RFID UHF bands (840-960 MHz)
- 512-Bits of NVM/RAM Memory
- Up to 128-EPC Bits (nominally 96 bits)
- 128 User Bits
- 48 Bit Unique TID
- 32 Bit Access and 32 bit Kill Passwords
- Pre-Programmed with a unique, unalterable 64-bit serial number
- User Memory can be Block PermaLocked as well as read password protected in 32 Bit Blocks
- Low power operation for both read and program
- QuickWrite™ / BlastWrite™- High-speed chip & mass programming
- Dynamic Authentication™ – anti-cloning / anti-counterfeit technology
- Exceptional operating range, up to 13m with appropriate antenna